.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Sigh...
The Girl

Aly. 21. Las Vegas, Nevada. Dreamer, schemer, and make believer. I'm everything you know and everything you can't understand. I'm full of contradictions and misconceptions. I love without holding back and can change your life if you let me. Never underestimate me because that will be your biggest mistake. Myspace Flickr

Dailies

Wapsi Square
Natalie Dee
Questionable Content
Bag Lady
Shiny Shiny
Catwalk Queen
Sassy Bella
Post Secret
Childrin R Skary
Rocketboom
Pixl Girl


Go Read

Emily
Brent
Cathy
Chloe
Michael Verdi
MissB
Natalie Dee
Michelle
Riskybiz
Kain

Previous Posts

because of you
bleh blech blechness
and sugar we're going down
Happy New Year
undiscovered
if it's alright i'll wait here till morning
Talk about the weather
ha!
scream little girl scream
Say something


The Archives




Tuesday, January 10, 2006
After my last post things have been hard. I need some form of independence so I'm selling some of my books and a few cd's. 26 books to be exact, it's like losing a leg for me. Even tho I still have a good 40 books left. I tried to pick ones I don't re-read on a regular basis. I need the money tho so I need to do it. I also have about 14$ in change that I'm going to cash in. If I hadn't already taken my extra clothes to Goodwill then I would go do a trade for those.
I went crazy with cleaning today. I haven't been up for cleaning or anything lately. Not even cooking which is usually a therapy thing for me. My meals have consisted of cereal and pizza rolls. But today I cleaned everything in my room, went through all my books and cd's, washed dishes, washed my comforter and sheets and blankets, and I will probably conquer my bathroom after I finish this.
I considered putting a pay pal button on here and my other various web thingies. But to me that seems a bit desperate. Even though I am I guess, I don't know. I just don't feel like I am that hard up, yet. I also thought about maybe doing some comissions for people, Wiether it be drawings, paintings, or some form of graphics. I hate doing those though, when it comes to my art I have a hard time letting people tell me how it should be done.

On a happier note than my financial issues. My church is only 3 weeks away from being in our ab fab new building. On Febuary 18th we are having a huge all day benefit. I had to keep from squealing during service because one of my fave artists for the past..4 years or more..is going to be there. At MY church. Plumb will be at my church. That makes me very excited. I doubt many of you have heard of her, she isn't very well known in the main stream circut. She has had songs in a couple of movies, Brokedown Palace, The Perfect Man. Some others but I don't remember all of them. So, yay for that.

Time to go scrub something else. I'm sorry I haven't been commenting lately, I've read your posts, just haven't had a lot to say. I hope you are all well :)


Alysa [ 5:18 PM ]

6 Comments:

  • i'm sorry you have to sell books. however, although i'd hate to have to do it, books are just books and you will be able to buy more later, even the titles you have to part with now.
    i know what you mean about cleaning. i do it too (unfortunately, not that often). it's cathartic and makes you feel in control.
    many hugs

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:30 PM  

  • I'm with Chloe; I clean when there is something on my mind. It cleanses the mind as well, somehow.
    Hold On. Good things will undoubtedly come your way.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:55 PM  

  • Chloe and Cathy:
    Both of your comments always make my day a bit brighter. I do feel better after cleaning like a mad woman, a hot shower, and some cheese fries. Now a new episode of Gilmore Girls and my night is okay. I hope your night is great girls :)

    By Blogger Alysa, at 7:16 PM  

  • Just a thought, i know it must be difficult for any artist to "hear" how something should be done, but if you posted some of your work on here then that would attract those who like your pieces for what they are, and not try to mess with you changing your style to suit them. I know i am attracted to a certain style of art, i wouldn't want the girl who i buy my paintings from to ever change..it's what makes it unique :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 PM  

  • Michelle:
    I might do that, or atleast post a link to some of it. I've had people tell me since I was 13 or so that I could sell my art. My drawings mostly, and the more detailed paintings. I do all it more me mostly, even the graphics, I take whatever emotions I have and put them into that. I haven't been able to paint a lot since money is tight. Supplies are expensive. Thanks for the comment tho, I will take any ideas right now. Hope your night is good.

    By Blogger Alysa, at 11:31 PM  

  • Starfish;
    So glad you're feeling better. Keep it up :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home