.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Sigh...
The Girl

Aly. 21. Las Vegas, Nevada. Dreamer, schemer, and make believer. I'm everything you know and everything you can't understand. I'm full of contradictions and misconceptions. I love without holding back and can change your life if you let me. Never underestimate me because that will be your biggest mistake. Myspace Flickr

Dailies

Wapsi Square
Natalie Dee
Questionable Content
Bag Lady
Shiny Shiny
Catwalk Queen
Sassy Bella
Post Secret
Childrin R Skary
Rocketboom
Pixl Girl


Go Read

Emily
Brent
Cathy
Chloe
Michael Verdi
MissB
Natalie Dee
Michelle
Riskybiz
Kain

Previous Posts

One Girl Revolution
Golden
you can't say it won't happen again
A lot like love
breathe
because of you
bleh blech blechness
and sugar we're going down
Happy New Year
undiscovered


The Archives




Sunday, January 22, 2006
Your need to be unseen now conflicts with your usual desire to interact with others. This retreat is not necessarily about insecurity. It could be a more practical issue, for you need the time to reestablish contact with your inner self. Although you may tend toward isolation, your mind is as sharp as a tack these days; your first shot is your best shot. Trust your intuition, even if you don't tell others what you are thinking for a few more days.


That's what my horoscope said for today. Seems very relevant. It's very cold and rainy today and I want to just snuggle up in bed and watch movies. I have church tho, I didn't make it last sunday because my mom was feeling sick.
I have a lot on my mind, a lot a lot. Maybe this week will clear some of the muck away.

Okay, interactive time.
I want all of you to name a movie that has effected you. I have more than one, so if you do to, that's fine. Mine are Thirteen, Home Room, Pieces of April, and Life as a House. There are probably more but those are the ones that jumped to mind today.

I must go get ready now, I hope you all are having a happy sunday.


Alysa [ 11:53 AM ]

8 Comments:

  • Hey, did a meme recently about movies,

    1. The English Man Who When Up The Hill and Came Down A Mountain, yes it is a monthful but you must admit, it was lovely with all those warm english weather in a welsh village and some romance in it. Wonderful.
    2. Das Boot, a classic movie about a german u-boat crew in WWII.
    3. Bourne Identity series, it is action packed but with purpose not mindless hollywood bits and it is in europe, smashing.
    4. Seven Samurai, my absolute favourite Akira Kurosawa work and a damn brilliant samurai movie ever!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 PM  

  • I am showing my age because I have not heard of any of the movies you listed! When I was a teenager, 16 candles and The Breakfast Club were significant movies for me...right now I can't think of a single one (pathetic, I know), but I have just come home from an annoying dinner at my mother's house.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:08 PM  

  • JoeC:
    The last two on your list I love as well. The firs two I haven't seen but I might have to look into :)

    Cathy:
    If you are showing your age because you don't know my movies, what does it say about me that I own and frequently watch the ones you mentioned?
    Thirteen and Home Room are amazingly deep and touching. I would say tho, that you should watch Pieces of April. I you might connect with it.

    By Blogger Alysa, at 11:03 PM  

  • Life is a House for sure affected me big time. Grand Canyon and Green Mile too.
    I'd be interested in hearing how Life is a House affected you, just relating to your age being so young.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:59 AM  

  • Alysa;
    Thanks for the advice; I'll rent it the first chance I get and let you know what I think.
    I think it's great that you've watched those movies I loved! It says you're awesome:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:27 AM  

  • Michelle:
    Life as a house is just an amazing movie for one. But as for how it affected me, I think the relationships in it are not set for one age. I think they are so universal that they can touch anyones heart. I always watch that movie when I need to remember that people are not as horrible as I think.

    Cathy:
    Awesome! For sure let me know what you think, just keep in mind it is an independent film. It's not all fancy and high tech:)
    I love the 80's movies. 16 candles, Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, St Elmos Fire, ect. I also still listen to music on vinyl. I'm not a normal 20 year old heh :)

    By Blogger Alysa, at 12:13 PM  

  • I just finished reading all of your posts. You do have a lot on your plate. Keep writing and getting those feelings out of your system. How is your friend? Doing better I hope.
    Movies that inspire me... comedy any one you name it. I have to laugh.
    Your photos are wonderful! I also added you to my Flickr. Thanks for adding me.
    Lois Lane

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:24 PM  

  • Alysa you are certainly wise beyond your years, your an inspiration to many young women :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home