.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Sigh...
The Girl

Aly. 21. Las Vegas, Nevada. Dreamer, schemer, and make believer. I'm everything you know and everything you can't understand. I'm full of contradictions and misconceptions. I love without holding back and can change your life if you let me. Never underestimate me because that will be your biggest mistake. Myspace Flickr

Dailies

Wapsi Square
Natalie Dee
Questionable Content
Bag Lady
Shiny Shiny
Catwalk Queen
Sassy Bella
Post Secret
Childrin R Skary
Rocketboom
Pixl Girl


Go Read

Emily
Brent
Cathy
Chloe
Michael Verdi
MissB
Natalie Dee
Michelle
Riskybiz
Kain

Previous Posts

Oh Snap
Trust your instincts when working on your inner self
One Girl Revolution
Golden
you can't say it won't happen again
A lot like love
breathe
because of you
bleh blech blechness
and sugar we're going down


The Archives




Wednesday, January 25, 2006


So with the continuing trend of things going good and being grateful, I have some new things to update you on.

First: Job Opportunity.
They are looking for a receptionist at my church. I had been kicking around the idea of applying but hadn't really decided. I prayed on it and did it. I sent the resume today. I mentioned it to my therapist, who is through my church, and she got extatic. Since her clients wait in the reception area she has been worried they will hire someone who isn't sensitive to that fact, so she would love for me to do it. Cross your fingers I get a call.


Second: Youth Ministry

I met with the new youth pastor at my church today, Josh. We covered all the things he is planning to do and what role I could have in the ministry. I have been extremely anxious to get started in this. I have always wanted to work with teens and this is a stepping stone for that. I'll probably go into much more detail about this in a later post but for now I just wanted to say yay. Plus I'm considering youth ministry as a career. I have been getting little nudges from God that this is where I belong. I'm starting to listen, it scares me a bit but I'm excited.


Third: Lives of Friends

My friend that I mentioned that might be in trouble, finally reached out to me. It wasn't a big reach, but it was there. As long as I can get communication flowing between me and him, things will be fine. Still keep him in your thoughts and prayers but he is doing better.
Also things with Tiffany and her husband are still on the road to getting better. He is still stubborn and abusive but he is getting some help. I hope it sticks.


So there is your update for today folks. I'm still doing better, I am getting much better at staying centered. I'm sleeping, meditating, eating good, and starting to excersise again. I love all of you for the support and kind words you have given me over the past several months, it was above and beyond. You couldn't imagine how much it helped. Hope you are all well.


Alysa [ 4:00 PM ]

6 Comments:

  • AWESOME!
    I knew it.
    I felt it.
    I will watch you grow and thrive and flourish.
    (my Mr.C. used to be a youth pastor:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:27 PM  

  • Cathy:
    I am super excited about all of this. I don't really have a game plan yet but I know it will come along. I start working with the youth group next week and I figure I can talk to the new youth pastor about my ambitions.
    Thank you so much for your support, it means the world.

    By Blogger Alysa, at 8:10 PM  

  • Great, brilliant and awesome.

    Thats the best bit of news I have heard from you, glad you are going about to sort things out, glad you are active and taking charge of your life, glad that you have keep your focus on what is important, glad you are working on your first steps and let God be your co-pilot.

    Have a goodnight, Cheers then!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:19 PM  

  • you mean the world to me and many others...
    xoxoxo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:26 PM  

  • JoeC:
    Thank you. I have my fingers crossed that this goes they way it should.

    Cathy:
    Thank you oodles, you mean the world to me and so many others as well.

    By Blogger Alysa, at 8:27 PM  

  • Wow, i am so impressed, it's all happening! Congratulations, for perservering with it all...it really is a step forward, your a champion!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home