.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Sigh...
The Girl

Aly. 21. Las Vegas, Nevada. Dreamer, schemer, and make believer. I'm everything you know and everything you can't understand. I'm full of contradictions and misconceptions. I love without holding back and can change your life if you let me. Never underestimate me because that will be your biggest mistake. Myspace Flickr

Dailies

Wapsi Square
Natalie Dee
Questionable Content
Bag Lady
Shiny Shiny
Catwalk Queen
Sassy Bella
Post Secret
Childrin R Skary
Rocketboom
Pixl Girl


Go Read

Emily
Brent
Cathy
Chloe
Michael Verdi
MissB
Natalie Dee
Michelle
Riskybiz
Kain

Previous Posts

Death to Valentines Day
Move Along
Bittersweet
Oh you silly stupid past time of mine...
extraordinary machine
Baby, just hand me a razor next time.
Nobody Wins
This Time Around
Oh Snap
Trust your instincts when working on your inner self


The Archives




Thursday, February 16, 2006


Chris and Marissa had their baby. Tara Marie was born on the 15th at a healthy 7lbs 3oz. I'm so excited for them.
Sometimes I think my mom is missing that filter in her brain that says "I shouldn't say this. No, don't, shut up". I was talking to her about my friend Tiffany's marriage. They have this thing where they think that since they are married they need to spend every second together. I know it's not logical for that to be since that just isn't so. Between work and kids and household chores there just isn't a lot of time. But I was telling my mom all of this and was venting about how I get annoyed with how messed up Tiff's point of view is. She came back at me with she doesn't think mine is any better. It was just offending. I was also telling her about everyone that is going to try to make it to the Mercy Street Festival on Saturday. I told her I invited my brother and his wife and son. She immediately went into this "Oh I don't even bother inviting my kids places because they are always busy." I was like it's not like they do it on purpose but I so badly wanted to follow that up with you will never even give the relationships a chance if you don't try. I knew that my brother and sister would be busy. They both have kids and jobs and tons of family and rodeo stuff to do. I still call and ask though, they appreciate it so much..just to know I'm okay and all that's going on. She pushes and pushes until everyone just leaves her alone. That's what she says she wants but then the flip side it hurts her. She's doing the same to me and it breaks my heart.
When we were talking about the Mercy Street Festival she said that she was going to go look at townhomes because that's more important. She was looking at me like she expected me to say 'Oh, I'll go with you.' but I was like I'm not going, I have waited over 2 months for this concert and I'm going. She was like that's fine but I know this is more important than a concert. I need this weekend though. A full day of friends, music, awesome local food and the next day full of relaxing and church. I'm not letting her take that away.
I'm going to stop writing for now, I'm going to rest. I hope all is well with you.


Alysa [ 8:16 PM ]

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations to your friends on the baby, how wonderful :o)

    You have the time of your life at the festival, enjoy the great company and the atmosphere, it will provide fun memories for you :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home